How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34256
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of lawyer do I need to get my baby photos from my

Customer Question

What kind of lawyer do I need to get my baby photos from my family home. My brothers children are using them online to make defamatory and derogatory memes about me. They use the kids to avoid prosecution. What kind of court action can I take to get the photo's. Of course, everything is done on burn phones and exclusionary tactics. I only know because they sent them viral into my office.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, who owns this photos? Your parents? Someone else?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My parents own the photo's, but my brothers have created a hostile situation that my parents are afraid of giving the photo's to me. Without the photo's themselves I cannot bring criminal charges against them by getting a supeona for their facebook pages.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My brothers used the photo's without my permission even though they belonged to my parents.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Thank you
If the photos belong to your parents, then they are the ones who get to say how/if they are used.

That said, if your siblings are using the photos to spread false information about you? It may be they are liable for defamation of character.

Defamation of character is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim.

If someone lied about you and that lie harmed your reputation? You can sue the person who lied for defamation.

You will want to hire a local attorney with experience in defamation law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding