KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

It's a long story so I will try to keep it short. Last year

Customer Question

Hello. It's a long story so I will try to keep it short.
Last year my grandfather passed away. He had a house he owned and that house was given to his wife and four siblings. I told them I wanted to buy the house because it's been in the family for years and I wanted to keep it that way. One of the siblings signed a contract with a realty company and they brought forth a contract before I brought forth mines. Now there are two contracts on the table mines and the company's. My grandmother and the siblings including my uncle wants to sell me the home but the company is threatening my grandmother because she is the executor, that if you go and sign my contract we will sue you. I'm under the impression that they can't sue because there contract is invalid because it doesn't have everyone's signature on it. I thought it doesn't matter how many contracts are on the table. unless The contracts have everyone's signature it's not a
Valid contract for the house. So she won't sign my contract because they keep telling her that so she is scared. I wanted to know am I right? Can she get sued? Any advice on what I should do?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. She as the executor of his estate can sign a contract for sale of the property, and the siblings cannot bring any action against her for signing another contract. Under NY law a contract for real estate becomes valid when all parties sign the contract. There is nothing illegal or fraudulent in her agreeing to sell by another contract. She can refuse to sign their contract.

Please have her sit down with an attorney to represent her interest so that the sibling do not cheat her or some way steal her portion.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking, or I will not get paid for helping you.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 12 months ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 12 months ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 12 months ago.