How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a brother that constantly harasses me on email about

Customer Question

I have a brother that constantly harasses me on email about finances from our family LLC. My mother is living with him and she is in poor health and he is paid from the LLC to have her live with him. It is constant and derogatory. For no reason he called me three very hurtful and false statements in front of my mother two years when I went to visit. I warned him to stop the verbal and internet abuse. He follows my every financial transaction. I work in the energy field from solar to nuclear and hold secret govt clearances. He is working with our family attorney and the RE agent on our family home that I set to put on market to help the LLC get funds for mom etc. He changed the locks without notice and I need to keep track of the contractors per my mothers request.
It is horrible and he has said other things in front of people that I would not wish on anyone. I work in DC and starting as VP of energy company. I don't need this abuse from him. I have to pass mental, physical and FBI background checks to keep nuclear security clearances. He is doing and saying things that compromise me and it is mental anguish. How to I get a restraining order on this email abuse.
PS he would not let me visit my mother at Christmas with my daughter and says I cant go to his place. My mother is compromised in many ways and he is trying to use her. I have no say in my own family and my boyhood home. And my father was one of the leading nuclear cold war experts and also an accomplished writer.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

1. Virginia law permits you to obtain a protective order for stalking under these types of circumstances. Here is the petition that you need to file. Here is the VA law that defines stalking.

2. As to your mother, you may want to consider getting a guardianship over her or report his attempts to isolate her as elderly abuse here.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.