Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A nurse at Sutter Hospital gave medical information that

Customer Question

A nurse at Sutter Davis Hospital gave medical information that should never have been disclosed on 1/27/2016. This informati9on was then placed on face book to folks that had no right to this vital medical info.
I reported it and sent copies of the info that was placed on face book to the Sutter administration. They in turn sent it to a third party to handle.
my husband through all of this was in ICU not even aware of what had happened.
As he had a tube in his throat and sedated. When he finally got the news a month later he became very depressed that all this info from the nurse had been given out and that it was on face book.
He requested a $25,000.00 claim and they came back with a $1,000.00 offer.
we need legal advice.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Brigitte,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle HIPAA issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did your husband seek any medical care for his depression?

2. Who did the nurse give out information to? Family, friend or compete stranger?

3. What was the nature of the information given out?

4. Who posted all this information on Facebook?

5. What was your husband in the hospital for?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have answered these questions and then I get you must pay another $5.00 to talk.

It seems always to be about money and never a answer.

What a shame

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Please let me remind you that I made it clear that you don't have to take a phone call. I wrote: Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

The reason I thought that a call would help you is because attempting to put a value on a claim is highly fact intensive and I need to know literally dozens, if not hundreds of facts---something that would take us hours to get through.

You haven't even answered the first 5 requests for information, much less the dozens of other facts that I will need to help you. I'm not trying to cheat you out of $5. I am obligated by the site to ask for at least $5 to call you.

If you want to do this in print, then let's do it. We can start by you fully answering the first 5 questions I asked, please.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I answered those 5 questions along time ago

Not sure why you did not get them

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

While I certainly believe that you provided the answers, I assure you that they did not post to this question thread---I have not seen them. It happens sometimes but I can't explain it. Actually I am not even an employee of the site. I am a user of the site, just as you are.

Doug