How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file an opposition to a motion for summary

Customer Question

I need to file an opposition to a motion for summary judgment that was filed against me by a third party. This is a credit card debt that originated in California. Third party collection agency filed a complaint against me in April of this year alleging I had not paid since 2010 (6) years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

While I cannot draft or review your Opposition, I would be happy to answer a question about this procedure if you have a specific issue you are looking at.

  • (One thing that stands out in your post is that one of your creditors placed in their pleading that your last payment was over 6 years ago - depending on when the case was actually filed, if the time between your last payment (as pleaded by this creditor) and the original filing date of your complaint is more than 4 years, you can file your own MSJ based on the Statute of Limitations.
  • This of course would be a second motion that you would have to file in addition to the Opposition to the current motion filed by the plaintiff).