How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42156
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to respond to a citation and I am not sure what I am

Customer Question

I need to respond to a citation and I am not sure what I am suppose to respond. We went to the mediation and He didn't agree with the terms and now they are sending it to court, I agreed to everything. They are asking for me to pay court cost and I do not feel I should be the one to pay since I was not the one who did not agree to the new terms.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Texas Walker Count
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I live in Louisiana, so it is hard to find a lawyer to speak with me over the phone
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was told to ask for a conference call instead of having to appear in court and loss wages from work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

So you were sued and served here, what kind of case is it, some more information here please, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a child support/medical support modification case, we went to the mediation at the AG office, and my Ex husband would not agree to the changes they made.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Then you contact child support and they should pursue this again back in court.