CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

7 weeks ago I parted ways with my company of employ. I

Customer Question

7 weeks ago I parted ways with my company of employ. I recently found out the company has continued to use and are still curently using my credentials and forging/signing my name to the bottom of every invoiceable contract closeout for payment ( unbeknownst to me and against my will). Do I have cause for action towards monetary gain against at least the average consult fee for such mandated fiber optic testing requirements. I was the only certified employee, and circumstances seem to point to the fact that I am still the only fiber optic test certified technician legitimately qualified to submit these closeout documents to AT&T. A certification that is mandated by AT&T per contractual agreement, that qualifies the construction contractor to comply with minimum industry standards for submit all of accurate logistical accountability.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

You can sue the company for fraud and for right of personality.

However, rather than trying to negotiate this one on your own, I would strongly suggest that you retain a lawyer to represent you on this. I know that customers do not come to our forum to be told "go hire a lawyer" but I recommend this here because what concerns me most about your situation is that your name and license number is ***** used to sign off on contract work that you have not actually inspected.

You want to ensure that your license is protected in whatever resolution that you reach with both your employer and their customer.

(Your proposal that you get paid a consulting fee for each signature would seem reasonable on the surface, but it also could be construed as permitting the use by your employer to do what they did. An attorney can help you navigate this - and determine whether (and how) notification needs to be made to the employer's client as well in order to ensure that your license does not become affected).

Your employer should compensate you for these costs - this conduct is intentional on their part, and an attorney should be able to secure a damage claim against them to cover the cost of dealing with this.