How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Legal name change to my married name Stanley

Customer Question

Legal name change to my married name Marjorie Stanley
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Filing a name change petition is a relatively simple and straight forward process. If you can provide me with the state in which you are living, I can usually provide you with a name change packet (or at a minimum links to where to find this information) so that you can complete this with the court.

The process usually takes between 3-8 weeks (including the time for publication in a local newspaper) and requires a single court hearing.