legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I live in Tracy California. I have been living with a

Customer Question

I live in Tracy California. I have been living with a domestic partner for over a year. When I returned home yesterday, she had moved out and took ALL of my possessions with her. I notified the police they said there was nothing they could do. They contacted the other party by phone and the officer was told that the items took we purchased jointly. Which was not true and I have receipts to show that they were purchased by me. How can I recover legally?
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry to hear this;

Is this a registered domestic partnership (some people use the term to refer to an informal relationship) and would one be seeking to dissolve it?

If so, when was it registered (5 years or less)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not registered.. just living together man and woman.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

I am not set up for phone calls at the moment; if you want to pose a new question-put telephone request in front of it (I believe the site has a button for that specific service) and request a spanish speaker - I believe there are some on site (or at least I have seen questions written in spanish that get picked up).

When hiring an attorney, you can link to here for a referral- if you use the phone referral, they should be able to recommend a bilingual attorney:

http://ilf.isba.org/

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry - my respond did not go through.