Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

In February, I had to go to Europe for a funeral. It was

Customer Question

In February, I had to go to Europe for a funeral. It was cold and snowy, so I wore my UGG boots there. UGG boots are warm, but extremely unhealthy. They are flat-bottomed and provide no support for your feet. I found out the hard way. I developed extreme pain in my feet, and had to buy shoe inserts just to be able to walk. When I came back home to NC, I went to see a podiatrist. I had developed plantar fasciitis, and my plantar fascia was torn. I have never had any problems with my feet before. I have been in a walking boot, using crutches, getting cortisone shots etc.. I have been off work for 3 months on short term disability, not able to work (RN ICU). I still have pain, even in the walking boot. I believe that wearing UGGS basically destroyed my feet/tendons due to the lack of support in the design. Because of this injury, I have not been able to work. The injury is healing slowly, and I wonder if it will ever completely heal. I am facing living with pain forever, and the stress level of not being able to pay my bills or losing my job is unbearable. There are many women and teens wearing those boots, who should be aware of the damage that UGG boots can cost them due to lack of arch support.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear about your trouble. I think you may have a very good products liability claim here against the shoe manufacture. Is there clear evidence that your injuries are related to wearing the shoes? That will be the key to any case you might file. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the process.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have photos taken in several places wearing those boots

Did you walk more than you usually do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not really I work 12 hrs 3-5 days a week , I definitely wasn't walking more
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should I look for local lawyer to file the claim ?

Yes one who specializes in product liability.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your advise

Sure. Good luck to you. You need to collect any ads that indicate uggs are comfortable and good for your feet. That will be good evidence.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.