How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4188
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A previous landlord has filed an eviction claim and I do not

Customer Question

Hi! A previous landlord has filed an eviction claim and I do not owe and I already vacated the premises before they claim I was served an eviction. I typed up an answer, but I do not know what to do now. Where do I send the answer?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Ohio. I have proof that the documents filed in the complaint are fraudulent as well.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I spoke with Legal aid and they I make too much money for free help, but they did say I have a case and to type an answer and mail it to the plaintiff attorney and the court. I need to know if I have to go file the answer in person with the court.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The day I told my landlord I was moving, she sent me a racist text that I saved.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Take the answer to the Court and file it in person, get a date stamped copy. Also send a copy of the Answer to the Landlord (and his attorney if he has one listed). Attach to your answer copies of any documents and/or photographs, print out of texts that support your position.

Go to court on the day of the scheduled hearing and argue your position.

If you have any claims against the landlord (for security deposit or what ever else you may claim) include with your answer a "Counter Claim" listing the reasons why the landlord owes you money.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,