Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm in Colorado. I signed a lease agreement. No money has

Customer Question
Hi, I'm in Colorado....
Hi, I'm in Colorado. I signed a lease agreement. No money has changed hands and I have not taken possession of the vehicle. Can I back out.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Colorado, Car is brand new.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was originally negotiating a sale and taxes were included in the price. Now I'm not sure if the taxes for me to lease are the same and that is why i agreed to a higher vehicle value on the lease agreement.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/15/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If there is not a "right of rescission" specifically stated in the lease, then there is not one implied by law. A lease is legally binding the instant it is signed.

.

With that said, if you haven't paid anything and you were to back out, it is very unlikely that the dealer would actually sue you in court and spend thousands on an attorney. They might threaten to do so, but it is very unlikely...

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney