Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had 4 surgeries at UCSF. The surgeon swore SHE closed all,

Customer Question

I had 4 surgeries at UCSF. The surgeon swore SHE closed all, but all were closed differently. Ex: two lipomas over nerves near spine could have been done at same time, she refused. One she said was baseball sized, closed with glue and dissolvable sutures, no problem. The other was tiny, 2 inch incision, same basic area just other side of spine, STAPLES. 10 IN 2 INCHES. The recovery nurse said it had to be a typo, she couldn't imagine they would close that with staples. Last but not least during the repair of injured nerves in the RT iliac crest area (hipbone), first closed with glue and disolveable. No prob. Another nerve farther back needed to be done, of course it couldn't be done at the same time either, AND SHE RESEWED THE NERVES BACK TOGETHER. I know this because I lived 6 years with them that way. She didn't read the report from a surgeon who did the first repair ,that my nerves in that area run parrelle not perpendicular to the suture line. During the first surgery they gave me the wrong drug post op. AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME ANY OR,POST OP NOTES, NO PATHOGOGY REPORTS. NOTHING. THEY HAVE BEEN STONEWALLING OVER A MONTH
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about what you have been going through. Are you inquiring about a potential medical malpractice claim?