How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4489
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend and I were charged with manufacturing and

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I were charged with manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance in paris texas is there another state we can move to and stay that will not let texas extradite us back for incarsaration
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 11 months ago.


The United States Constitution provides for the extradition of fugitives, and applies to all 50 states, so there is no state where you would be safe from the possibility of extradition. Whether Texas would actually come pick you up in another state is a separate issue, but there is no way to know if they would or not. It is more likely when there is a felony charge. But even if they don't extradite you, the warrant will still be open and you can be arrested and held for at least 30 days, and up to 60 days, while they decide. The warrant will be open indefinitely, too, so it will follow you around for the rest of your life.