How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42156
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens to the SSD representative payee when the

Customer Question

What happens to the SSD representative payee when the claimant turns 66 and switches to Social Security?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The payee stays the same here as long as needed if the recipient switches to regular social security.As long as there is a need for the payee they remain.If the payee were to decease or be incapacitated a new payee can take their place.Again as long as it is needed here the payee remains.The person just gets a higher benefit here under regular social security here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is much appreciated.