How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a default judgement entered against me in 2010 which I

Customer Question

I had a default judgement entered against me in 2010 which I was never served any papers, I was living in a totally different state. Its around 10k, the atty will not call me that filed the judgement. The otherside I have spoke with him they said they never told him to file because we would have had cause of action suit against them. Would a notice to vacate proposition, its in Arkansas
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet, I just found out it was never released after we sold our house and now they are holding 10k pending
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not right now-
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.


This is Samuel. Yes, I suggest you will want to consider filing a Motion to Vacate and also attach an affidavit from the Plaintiff stating they stipulate to the judgment being vacated as they never want the matter to proceed to court and never gave the attorney permission to file the suit, in addition the basis being you were never served.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you assist with this? How soon could we get it filed
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

We are precluded from representing customers of this site.

Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

I suggest you can try to file it on your own and that you can call the clerk of the court where the default was issued and ask the clerk to email you the packet of documents necessary to file the Motion To Vacate a Default Judgment.

Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Or you can consider consulting with a local attorney who can represent you in this matter.