How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I represent a client in a civil suit. The opposition filed a

Customer Question

I represent a client in a civil suit. The opposition filed a complaint that is vague and grammatically incorrect. How should I answer it?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you a licensed attorney?

2. Are you representing a Defendant or Plaintiff who was served with a cross-complaint?

3. What state is this taking place in?


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, i work for one. Defendant. NM.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

Thanks for the clarification.

You have a couple of options here. You can consider filing a Demurrer to the Complaint based on a Lack of specificity. Even if the court sustains the demurrer, the Plaintiff will almost certainly be granted leave to Amend the Complaint.

Alternatively, you can file a traditional Answer, denying the appropriate paragraphs of the Complaint, and then enter into discovery and force the Plaintiff to specify all the facts which they claim support each of the alleged causes of actions---and get your specificity from discovery.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?