How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sorry to bother you today I have a few questions regarding

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** sorry to bother you today I have a few questions regarding the HIPAA law and patient representatives in doctor's office I will give you a brief description of my situation I am a quadriplegic with no movement from the shoulders down and I have been seeing a doctor at a pain clinic for approximately 3 months and he was placed on administrative leave due to some reason is not known to myself in another physician took his place and started overseeing my case at that particular time it would determine that she wanted me to take extra medication that I did not want to take I have the whole video on tape where she began to become frustrated with the fact I did not want to increase my medicine so she said since I didn't want to do it her way she decrease my medication I was taking 140 milligrams a day of Oxycodone for at least the last 5 to 6 months so I have built a tolerance and due to me not wanting to increase she said it's her way or no way and she started to decrease my medication in a regiment not illegal to do so being I talked to a couple of the doctors that I tried to get to take on my case but by my situation being so complex they wanted me to get the proper help that I needed he did provide me with 5 milligram tablets to make sure I didn't leave with just nothing to get me by until I can be seen by a hopefully a new doctor but to go from 140 milligrams to 15 milligrams a day it's torture I was shot 7 times while I was sleeping in 2012 by a mental health patient that left me paralyzed with all my feeling I guess what I'm trying to find out here today is how to properly go about filing a complaint as well as possibly a civil suit for the pain and suffering from my personal experience every facility I have went to have had a patient representative someone to protect the patients rights coincidentally this facility does not have a patient Representatives is that even legal aren't they supposed to have somebody in place to deal with conflicts of interest
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Have you talked to any doctor that has stated what they are doing is medical malpractice?