Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a civil case against the state correction department

Customer Question
and i would like to...
I have a civil case against the state correction department and i would like to know what can i do but the people from the prison came to my home town York Pa to harass me i call the the local police and the state people and the court who handing the case i am asking what else can i do please give me some information thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/11/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are coming to your house to harass and intimidate you to try to stop your suit, then this is unlawful conduct and you need to report it to the US Department of Justice Civil Rights Division as they are harassing you under the color of law to violate your civil rights. You also need to call the police on them when they show up and also file a complaint to the local district attorney for their harassment and intimidation.
You also can seek to amend your lawsuit, filing an amended complaint, and adding in a new cause of action for harassment and witness intimidation and seek punitive damages for their harassment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you .But i did some of those things you said but as of now i do not have attorney for my case against the state corrections S.C.I. Chester so if you cam give me information about getting one that would be helpful. I have been handing my case by myself.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, we do not know what people have done and know really little about the facts of a customer's issue other than what the customer tells us. So your accusation we did not give you anything helpful is because you did not tell us what you had already done.
However, the only thing you can do if you went to those agencies is now amend your complaint and add additional causes of action and also file a motion for a temporary restraining order preventing them from having any further contact with you. That is your only remaining recourse.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney