How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a situation I need to get help with. I pay a

Customer Question

I am having a situation I need to get help with. I pay a time warner cable bill for my friend while she went to jamaica. It came out of my account from the 06/03/16. each time her bill come back they are saying the cannot find the $100.00 that was paid. I went there myself and explain. to Time warner cable give them the bill, I spoke to three other individual name I have they told me to fax the statement over and over again. Yesterday they cut off her bill when I call this morning, they ask for the transaction number from the bank. I call the bank they gave me the number. Now the lady I spoke to whose name is ***** ***** me she need a paper directly from the bank. the Young lady and gentleman at the bank told me they do not send transaction number to anyone. she told me as long as I have the statement showing it came out and the transaction number that is all they need. Please let me know what I need to do as this situation is stressing me out.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to go to their office if possible with copies of your account statement from your bank showing them it was paid and get them to deal with it in person You need to go to the office personally, since TW cable customer service on the phone is one of the worst Customer Service entities around. If you go into the office in person and ask for a supervisor and they do not resolve the matter (I know you said you went in once), then your next step is filing a suit in small claims court against Times Warner for breach of contract and seek either credit to the account or return to the money and no charge for reconnection. You also can call the local Public Utilities Commission and file a complaint against TWC as well as filing a complaint with the OH Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit and they can assist in resolving the issue.