How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a vehicle that was being housed in a automotive shop

Customer Question

I had a vehicle that was being housed in a automotive shop yard. It had been there for about 3 or 4 years. The owner of the shop and I had an agreement. The owner of the shop went out sick and the car was sold by an employee of the shop. The employee seen an opportunity to make money from selling my Datsun 280z 1977 classic car. He didnt call me to inform me of his intent. He sent my vin# ***** DMV as an abandoned car and the DMV gave him the right to sell my car. What is my recourse action and/or is there anything I can do to get my classic car back. That I have been owning for the last 17 years. Please help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Was your agreement with the owner in writing? If not, will the owner testify that you had a storage agreement with the yard for storage of your car?

Related Legal Questions