Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My Family Member was sentence to forty years for each

Customer Question
offense as listed below. The...
My Family Member was sentence to forty years for each offense as listed below. The State
N.C.Gen.Stat. § 90-95(h), "[s]ale, manufacture, delivery, transportation, and possession of ... [cocaine] are separate trafficking offenses for which a defendant may be separately convicted and punished."
N.C.Gen.Stat. § 90-95(h) Not withstanding any other provision of law, the following provisions apply except as otherwise provided in this Article.
(3) Any person who sells, manufactures, delivers, transports, or possesses 28 grams or more of cocaine and any salt, isomer, salts of isomers, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof, or any coca leaves and any salt, isomer, salts of isomers, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves, and any salt, isomer, salts of isomers, compound, derivative or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances (except decocainized coca leaves or any extraction of coca leaves which does not contain cocaine) or any mixture containing such substances, shall be guilty of a felony, which felony shall be known as "trafficking in cocaine" and if the quantity of such substance or mixture involved:
c. Is 400 grams or more, such person shall be punished as a Class D felon and shall be sentenced to a minimum term of 175 months and a maximum term of 222 months in the State's prison and shall be fined at least two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000). Unless the States description of N.C. Gen. Stat. has changed to read the description as indicated my Family Member was sentenced in properly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/10/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

1. Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

2. I am not understanding this:

Unless the States description of N.C. Gen. Stat. has changed to read the description as indicated my Family Member was sentenced in properly.

Tina, Lawyer