Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I live in Perryopolis,PA 15473, just moved there. I need a

Customer Question

I live in Perryopolis,PA 15473, just moved there. I need a lawyer for small claims court to take legal action against a local electrician who borrowed $3,500.00 from me and has not paid me back and will not return calls and emails. Can you find a lawyer for me in this area?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Attorneys generally do not take small claims court cases and the reason being is that they have to charge an hourly rate which by the time the case is over their fees would exceed what the client would recover. So finding an attorney to take a case for $3500 in small claims is going to be difficult because of that. Small claims court is designed for people to sue without attorneys and there is no real reason why you cannot pursue your case in small claims on your own. However, if you want an attorney, the only thing we are allowed to recommend is for you to go to the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org and look for a general litigation law attorney for representation and typically they will want at least $1500 for fees for these cases.