How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Neighbor backup into my mother's car repeatedly, and

Customer Question

neighbor backup into my mother's car repeatedly, and intentionally.
their reason was because it was blocking their driveway.
i have a video showing that my mom was not obstructing their drive way.
i want to know what are my options.
p.s. police officer has come and given my mother a ticket violating section 7.2.29 of the san francisco transportation code (exceeding 72hrs)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon David,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I've been a CA licensed attorney more than three decades.

Clearly, the neighbor was at fault for the damage done to your mother's vehicle---even if it was illegally parked (which you claim that it was not), and the other driver may be sued by your mother for the damages to her vehicle and for the cost of a rental car while her car is in the shop. Or your mother can make a claim for the damage with her insurance company and then her insurance will sue the other party or their insurance company in subrogation.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with this afternoon?