How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a top fuel Harley Davidson dragbike that he

Customer Question

my husband has a top fuel Harley Davidson dragbike that he took to a friend to take the computer onboard off and show it to a potential buyer since that time my husband has past away he was aware that the person he took it to was racing it but he was very ill and the bike became put away while he struggled for his life he did not know it was being givin to someone he didn't know that took it across the country, made a name for himself in the industry because of our bike now I asked for the bike back and he wants to disassemble it because he had blown the motor several times on it and now bring me a bike in pieces and furnish me with a large bill that was not what was agreed and no it wasn't in writing, now hes had numerous appearances in magazines and publically, and no special thanks to my husband , but has passed the bike off as if he worked for it and he owned it , no mention without our bike it wouldn't have been possible I want the bike back complete like we took it to him and fee
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation. You can sue the individual for "conversion" (the civil equivalent of theft), damage to personal property, breach of contract (oral), and negligence.

I would speculate that the damages for this kind of motorcycle would exceed the $10,000.00 small claims jurisdictional limit (although you may want to consider small claims if this amount would satisfy you in exchange for a quick remedy without the need for an attorney, and with a relaxed procedural process - if you are interested in this the CA Courts have an excellent "self help" forum that walks you through the process and has all of the forms necessary for your claim).

If you want to pursue a claim for more than this (as I suspect the damages are greater), you are going to be in either limited (up to $25,000) or unlimited (everything greater) civil court, the procedure is more complex and a civil litigation attorney is usually recommended (although not required, you can do this yourself if you are willing to spend a little time at the county law library, and have the organizational skills and confidence to speak in front of a judge).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I wanted to hire you would you be interested
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the forum does not permit us to either solicit or accept clients on the forum.

However, you can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).