How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41054
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my husband and I will both work for the state and he

Customer Question

If my husband and I will both work for the state and he passed away I am collecting his state pension I am retired and clicked in my state pension I am also getting disability Social Security a very small check if I remarrycan I get my new husband's after he died I knowpeople can't double-dipwell I lose my so security disability if I remarried because you supposedly can't double-dip but that's a disability check
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

Yes you can here with some restrictions.That would be you have to be age 62 and then you can switch to the higher amount.You contact social security here and they will switch it once he deceases again assuming you are age 62, otherwise you have to wait until you are of age here.


You also get a small one time death benefit of a couple of hundred dollars as well from SS.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.