How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40970
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse and I are separating. She now takes video/pics

Customer Question

My spouse and I are separating. She now takes video/pics whenever I drink alcohol to "create evidence" that I drink more than three drinks a week and is calling me an alcoholic,
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Co
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Ues
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have a toddler. She is a very abusive verbialy/ physically person so I don't like confirmation. With that said, she's made say that I'll seek treatment from professionals to stop drinking completely. I've never had any trouble with law. At all.
For instance, I had a couple beers late at night and fell asleep on the couch. She says she has a video of me drunk passed out.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She also creates notes about our conversation and twists them to make me sound like verbialy abusive person. Most are super over exaggerated. Some even lies. She doesn't note what she says. One sided.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am the sole provider of the family and we do well. Not sure of her angle?
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Colorado is a one party consent state.This means either party can tape things legally without the other parties consent.All I can tell you here is be careful about this knowing she is taping.Legally she is within the law in Colorado.I don't necessarily agree that you are an alcoholic.I would consider taping here if you see her act inappropriately.You just need to make sure you have some evidence here to o in the case of divorce and custody.This will protect you and show she has issues as well here.

I would consider a a local divorce lawyer here sounds like she is trying to gather evidence to make you look like a bad parent here. You need to be on your toes and see what you can gather against her in this matter to prepare for a custody dispute.She doesn't appear to mean you well here at all as you suspect.


Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Possible lawyer referral they only represent men.

Be careful here she is building a case.Drink away from her when she isn't taping.It will protect you from her claims against you.Thanks again for the chance to help.