How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a discrimination and harassment suit against

Customer Question

How do I file a discrimination and harassment suit against PARX Casino....It seems that I always get thrown out for days when other poker players curse me among other things and management does nothing but blame me for actions that are provoked by other players...I am the only one that continuously gets thrown out no matter what..other players are allowed to remain in casino..Please let me know if there is anything I can do...To tell you the truth all of management has it in for me. Do not know why but tired of the harassment....Thank U for your help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Federal law prohibits privately owned facilities that offer food or entertainment to the public from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin. If you think that you have been discriminated against based on one of these grounds, then you may file a complaint with the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice.

You may also file suit in the U.S. district court but you will need to hire a civil rights lawyer to do that as the Casino will have a high powered attorney to defend the case and will try to bounce your claim on a procedural or evidentiary technicality. See this link.