How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What law enforcement agency will help me if Grand Larceny by

Customer Question

What law enforcement agency will help me if Grand Larceny by deceit is committed by someone from another state? The value of items was worth several thousand dollars. Class C felony. **************** drove here (Cameron Mo.) from Alabama, to care for me. I had a second open back surgery for three ruptured discs. While I was laid up & doped up she proceeded to rob my home, even personal items. I had a large storage bin full of MANY high end items. She knew I wouldn't be able to open the bin for at least 5-6 months. She had totally flipped my bin. She compiled all the high end items to one certain area. She came back the end of April, first of May and robbed me out of my INHERITANCE from my mom. She took ALL my high end items that she had compiled on the original visit. She is the ONLY person that had access to my keys long enough to copy them. She stole: Wedding gowns, flower girl dresses, cocktail dresses, bedspreads, rugs, quilts, vintage, purses, belts, scarfs, coats & much
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Law enforcement has discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint of misconduct. So you can report this to law enforcement…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

That said, what you are describing is a crime. And if there is evidence to support, I would expect that law enforcement would investigate/prosecute.

If this happened in MO? Then MO police need to bring charges (since police in AL have no jurisdiction to prosecute someone for crimes that took place in MO). You should contact your local police and request they investigate...they can issue a warrant to have the thief brought from AL back to MO for prosecution

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mr. Simmons, There is more to this case than I had room to explain. Would you please give me a call at your convenience. My # is: ****************. Thank You, ****************
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

****************, it appears that you have requested a new expert. However the previous expert has given you the correct answer to your question. If you still want to discuss this over the phone we can do that under our premium services offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.