How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118720
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have worked for 1 year and eleven months as an Associate

Customer Question

I have worked for 1 year and eleven months as an Associate professor at Xavier School of Medicine in Aruba. I just finished working the month of July and informed my supervisor that I would be travelling out of country to attend my mother's ninetieth birthday. I have not received my July pay as yet, I have been removed from the faculty e-mail, and on Wednesday I saw my job posted on the Chronicle of Higher Education. What is my recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Aruba laws, the employer must provide you one month termination notice and if they have failed to do so, they owe you pay for that notice period. They also must pay you for the time you worked already in July and must pay you by the date the pay is normally due So since you have been terminated without notice, you can file a complaint to Aruba Department of Labor and Research about not getting proper termination notice and not receiving pay for July when due you. If they cannot resolve it, you would need to sue the employer to recover your pay.