Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question, my vehicle was scratched while parked off

Customer Question
street in Boston when i...
I have a question, my vehicle was scratched while parked off street in Boston when i went to work at night, i file in a police report and reported to my insurance. T he insurance came with their findings written in a paper and told me to read it, while they tape me, i did not think of anything until i got a letter from their lawyer, asking me to send him my W2 or pay stubs, my bank credit card, and the amount of loan I owe on the car, my phone itimized details of all the number i have called in the last month and text messages,
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car? Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: MA
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My deductible is 500, and the scratch when they evaluated its super ficial, but because it touched the driver and the passanger door both the door has to be painted. The cost is 1700, insurance is to give 500 their deductible and I pay the rest.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I approach this issue,. My problem is when I got a letter from their attorny asking me to send my documents to his office, especially my W2 and pay stub,copies of my credit cards and loan statements and itemized copy of my cell phone records showing all calls and text messages send and received, this did not sit with me well.

I agree that your financial data is not relevant to the issue of liability. If the insurance company will not pay the claim, I would consider reporting them to your state insurance commission. And you can sue them in small claims court to enforce the policy (you can sue them to recover the money they owe for this accident)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot talk on phone where I am, but sure can talk tomorrow. If I carry this conversation forward to tomorrow will I be required to pay more money?

I will send the offer for a phone call...if you accept we can chat on the phone tomorrow. There is a nominal fee ($5) for the phone call

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because I am at work and cannot discuss this matter where people are, but I can sure take the offer tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I look for you tomorrow, give me a number where I can reach you.

If you accept the offer now I can set up a time to talk tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know the time, but you can live the link open so that i click on it to accept tomorrow to continue the conversation

I will opt out and allow someone else to assist you. I wish you the best of luck. no need to respond...if a different expert is willing to assist they will get back to you here.

Best of luck to you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that's it?

No...your question is still open...if someone else is willing to assist you they will respond here.

P. Simmons, Attorney