Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My company ethics department is questioning me tomorrow and

Customer Question
they will have a lawyer...
My company ethics department is questioning me tomorrow and they will have a lawyer and transcription clerk present. As a contractor seconded to the company should I respond to their questions without legal representation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and

looking forward to assisting you today.

What is this about? Can you provide a few facts to put this into context? Just a couple of sentences?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know what the context is or the lawyer's purpose is. My guess is there is an potential ethics violation on a bid evaluation of a significant amount that I was one of the leads in performing. However, I feel uncomfortable in answering questions without legal representation.

Yes, you definitely want a lawyer since 1) they will have one asking you questions and 2) you don't know what this is about.

A lawyer shouldn't charge you much for just sitting in with you, they'll probably do it "by the hour".

Usually I could direct you to a specific area of the law in which to look for a lawyer but since you aren't sure what's happening then you can find a lawyer to assist you by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation. That is the area of law that best prepares a lawyer to make quick decisions and to spot things as they develop.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney