How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7415
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and I have lived together for 20 years. He

Customer Question

My brother and I have lived together for 20 years. He recently died and an administrator was obtained illegally without our knowledge by an acquaintance of his. She has put her name on all of his property and had a lock smith come into our home and remove everything from the safe. He has grown children but we have been unable to locate a will. What are my legal rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this problem. Under Texas law, if your brother had no will, then his children are his heirs and they are the ones who definitely need a probate lawyer now. The friend nay have lied to the probate court to gain her appointment and that can be challenged by his children, but not you, since you are not an heir by statute. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance, and thanks for using JUST ANSWER.