How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is becoming unable to care for himself and he ands

Customer Question

my father is becoming unable to care for himself and he ands wife have separated. She now lives in another city but she still has access to his bank acts and other business information. He has finally decided to allow me to handle his finances and business for him. There has been some money missing from their joint accounts and his income tax is missing. He has agreed to give me the power of attorney over his interest but I am unsure about what to do first. My father is sick and I'm worried that the Trust that his wife got him to sign will leave his children no parts of his estate. What should I do first?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry to hear of your father's declining health; does he have adequate mental capacity to change the trust?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.