Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had work done on outside of my house. Everything went

Customer Question

I had work done on outside of my house. Everything went fairly well. I paid half. Then I did an extra work order to paint inside of house and remove popcorn
When they came out I ask about test for asbestos . None was done
For outside work I was charged for 120.hrs of labor they worked 40
The salesman also tried to talk me Into lunch or dinner after job.I have been a widow for 2 years of a 40 year marriage
I told company I wanted a small independent worker
That is how they represented them selves Father and sons sometimes even mom. With so many lies and going to let their workers take the popcorn down and risky my health and their workers I canceled it was past the
3 days
I am willing to pay for time workers took to get here. They never unloaded or came in my house. I signed arbitration. Can you give me any idea how or for what I can be charge?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What does the contract for the popcorn removal and painting say about termination or breach?

.

Have they done any work on the popcorn or inside painting or they just showed up and you told them to go home?

.

As for the outside work, did you have a contract for an hourly rate or was it a set amount you agreed to pay?

.

How many people did they have working on the outside of the house?

.

.

thanks