Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD AN ON GOING CONTRACT AFTER THE INITIAL

Customer Question

I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD AN ON GOING CONTRACT AFTER THE INITIAL CONTRACT OF THREE YEARS WHICH I SIGNED FOR. IS THIS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT THAT I AM REQUIRED TO PAY EVEN AFTER I HAVE INSTALLED ANOTHER ALARM SYSTEM AND STOPPED PAYMENT FOR THE SERVICE OF THE COMPANY IN QUESTION.THIS IS AN UNCONSTUTIONAL ACT IN MY OPINION. PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN FORCE ME TO PAY FOR SOMETHING I WAS NOT AWARE OF BEING MY RESPONSIBILITY. I HAVE HAD 5 HEART ATTACHES AND A WIDOW FOR 12 YEARS . I DO NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY THAT WOULD AFFORD MY PAYING $220.00 FOR THE BALANCE OF THEIR SAID CONTRACT. I WAS A CUSTOMER THAT PAID MY BILL BY DRAFT FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND I DO NOT FEEL THAT THIS IS FAIR TO ME. THANK YOU FOR YOU ADVICE IN ADVANCE, MRS. ALICE H. FOX
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you give me some more detail about your situation?

.

You had an alarm company providing services and then you went with another company, correct?

.

And now the old company is trying to charge you for their services still?

.

Did you read over your contract to see how to cancel it?

.

Does it have an automatic renewal clause that renews it unless you cancel it in a certain way?

.

.

thanks