How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42877
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Speeding ticket and court date changed once - son cannot

Customer Question

Speeding ticket and court date changed once - son cannot attend rescedulled appt on Friday since he is in the hospital
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You have a couple of options, call the court here and tell them he is in hospital and which one and that you need a second reset.

Your second choice here is to ask about deferred adjudication with defensive driving.They give him a couple of months to complete it online and then it is dismissed assuming he does so and provides the certificate.

I would ask for reschedule here but also about a defensive driving deal.Thats the best he is likely to do anyway, it keeps it off his record since it is deferred until eh completes it.Start with the court clerk and a continuance as well as getting information about a defensive driving plea.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Reference to driving as an option

If he wants to fight this he may consider a lawyer here to do so.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.