How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Utah. My step father died in Colorado and left me

Customer Question

I live in Utah. My step father died in Colorado and left me his military service revolver. I suspect he never had it licensed. I want to license it, will there be challenges or problems. Who do I contact in UT?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. Utah does not require registration. There are regulations for purchasing. But since you inherited this gift, you don't need to do anything.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

The other law that would apply is if you are prohibited in some way from firearm ownership

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If I've missed anything that you needed or you have other questions, please let me know here. Otherwise, a Positive rating ensures I get credit for my time.