Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I just received a response, new jersey, no but when trying

Customer Question
hello I just received a...
hello I just received a response
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no but when trying to setup an appointment with one I/we were told there has to be an action before I can do anything
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: yes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand this. I though I was being connected to someone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am continuing to ask.In response to the last response, auggg this is complicated but maybe I am making it complicated. Since I was told I was getting this job I aligned my unit and budget around those facts. If I do not have the job I don't quite know how to reverse what I have aligned if they actually hire someone else....I guess it wouldn't be my problem ha ha. I would have to relocate myself and there is no room, there is no money in the budget, so i guess I would have to invoke a layoff....on an on. In other words what i am trying to say is I built the unit with myself sitting in the position. I have agreed to a five thousand dollar stipend for the Civil Service positon and another five thousand dollars for an appointed title of CFO which requires certification. So, if I understand what you are saying is that I cannot force the title through civil service but can enforce the back pay.....who determines the pay scale... we use a range any where from less thant my current payscale to 20k more? The reverse discrimination case (non Hispanic vs. Hispanic) was brought on by three employees not under my supervision. One of the employees applied for and was the first choice of a vacancy under my direction. My subordinate supervisor was told to hire a person that did not work within the entity and was unqualified. This person was the niece to the secretary, who is friends with the appointing authorities wife. Oh what a web......Anyway, technically then I should get two salaries, one for my permanent title and one for the acting title??? Additionally, I feel this is retaliatory as my subordinate supervisor and myself have reprimanded this "new employee" for lying more than once. There is more also. I am tired. As a department head it is policy that I can place an employee under my direction to wherever I see fit. I attempted to do this since I had a vacancy and would have accommodated all departments efficiency....all agreed including the employee. During this time I had to reprimand this employee for lying.......they didn't like this and ran to the appointing authority....and it just escalated from there.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2016
Lawyer: Miel-cssm,
 replied 1 year ago
Miel-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/law/9u487-just-received-response-new-jersey-no-when-trying.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So in other words, are you stating that you believe that your employer discriminated against you based on race?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will paste the first question.
Is there anyone versed in NJ Civil Service rules for employment? I have not had the opportunity to see a lawyer but another employee spoke with one and the advice was that we did not have a case until there is an action. Although the other employee and myself have similar situations they are different and not sure if he expressed my concerns to the lawyer. I have tried to read the Civil Service rules but it is very difficult as I cannot find my situation. Basically I have been in an "acting" title since May 2015, without the entity actively searching for a replacement and I was told I was doing a good job and promised the job. I have been sending correspondence to my "appointing authority" since January 2016 seeking permanence and then I sent weekly email during the month of May 2016 and June 2016 with no answer or reply from the appointing authority. At the end of June i filed what they call a desk audit to sort of "force" the appointment.. Within a week after this, a public posting went up on our employment board, web site and local tv station. I see this as retaliatory but that's another day. So with all that, I know a person that applied for the job, what happens if they hire this person and the desk audit approves the title? Just so you know there is a reverse discrimination complaint against this appointing authority and myself and the other employee I mentioned above feel retaliation as a result of the discrimination complaint. Oh I can go on an on but hope I got enough information out to you for now
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry, but I do not quite understand your question 100%. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck.
Tina, Lawyer