How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19629
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was sectioned 35 today for heroin abuse and he was

Customer Question

My son was sectioned 35 today for heroin abuse and he was contemplating suicide.
The court sent him to a state run facility. I want him in MGH in Boston. He has insurance.
So is there any way I can have him transferred to MGH?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is a way. However, you need to get a Social Worker at MGH to assist you with this. The Social Worker must be able to put together documents that would show the Court that MGH has substance abuse treatment program. Once you get these documents, you can petition the Court for his transfer to MGH. If the Court grants your petition, he would be transferred. Otherwise, he would not be.

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.