How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Pennsylvania and have rented a room to a woman who

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania and have rented a room to a woman who is not mentally stable and I want her out
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the tenant does have a month to month lease
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. She rents from you month to month?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the situation has become a detriment to my mental health
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Allow me a moment

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Since she rents month to month, you need to give her at least a 15 day notice to vacate. Then, if she fails to vacate, you would need to proceed through the court and evict her. If she is unstable and you want her out, this can be done by giving the proper notice, which is a condition precedent to the eviction. Ideally, she would voluntarily leave but if not, you need a court order and have to evict her

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is that it I want a refund
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

I am happy to answer any other questions which you may have. All you stated above was that you want her out and I shared with you the process. Please let me know what else I can answer.