Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was served an alias summons on July 1st. I have until

Customer Question

Hello - I was served an alias summons on July 1st. I have until tomorrow to respond to the summons. I don't discount that I don't owe the debt, however I want to respond so I'm not in default. A case management conference is scheduled for September 9th. I don't have an attorney yet however I want answer the complaint correctly. What should I say?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Well I do owe the debt, however I'd like to get it reduced as it was sold to a debt collector
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, does the summons require a written response or just for you to appear at the CMC?

Hi, are you still with me?