How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A judgement in NYS, almost 7 yrs old from a C.C. company,

Customer Question

A judgement in NYS, almost 7 yrs old from a C.C. company, has already been sold and written off at least three times. I`ve moved to PA almost 2 years ago, and am a permanent resident in PA. Does the Westchester County Police, Civil Div have the LEGAL authority to contact my employer and execute the judgement, demanding wage garnishment ONLY be sent to the West. Co. Sheriffs Dept to satisfy the judgement, when its a NY judgement? I believe they must obtain a PA judgement and have local Civil Div execute in PA, before making legal demand of employer for wage garnishment. Please advise, and thanks so much!
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Yes, you are correct. They must follow the procedure set forth in this PA law to collect on the judgment. See also this case.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.