How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in illinois. Do I have to let DCFS talk to my kids or

Customer Question

I live in illinois. Do I have to let DCFS talk to my kids or do they need a warrant of some kind?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, DCFS does not need any type of a warrant or court order to interview minor children and if the parent refuses such interview, then DCFS can remove children from the parents, if DCSF believes that there is some type of child abuse, neglect or imminent danger that exists for the minor children.

So generally, it would be a good idea to consult and retain an experienced local child custody attorney, who can be present during the interview by the DCFS and can protect parents' legal and parental rights.

You can find an experienced and skilled local child custody law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to child custody law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.