How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been wrongly labeled a drug seeker and blacked balled

Customer Question

I've been wrongly labeled a drug seeker and blacked balled by at least four primary care doctors. Doctors will not even accept me as a patient and say right up front they will not issue any pain meds. I have a plastic bag full of pain meds given to me over the last few years and proceed to explain my original problem I've been trying to have addressed which I believe to be related to my heart surgery. I'm constant pain and even when general health issues come up no one will even take me on. I'm in deep despair and feel I have no access to health care due to my primary care doctor inadaquately and feloniously and purposely altered my records. One example she stated she issued me a pain medication when she had already unknown to me ( she removed this information from my records) dismissed me as a patient. The story is well document by me and I've seeked out help from the Wiscoson Department of professional services. The doctor was even reluctant and slow in replying to this agency. Please help me, I'm at the end of my rope and understandably depressed, which is another "diagnoues" that doctors use to dismiss me. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

The most direct and effective way to get a handle on this situation may be to sue the doctor for defamation and infliction of emotional distress damages.

Defamation in Wisconsin constitutes anything that directs hate, ridicule, contempt, degradation, disgrace or degradation to a person. In WI defamation is also considered a criminal offense [a Class A Misdemeanor] punishable by a fine of no more than $10,000 and/or 9 months in prison for someone who intentionally communicates any defamatory statement to a third party without the permission of the defamed party.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress is sometimes referred to as the "tort of outrage." You might have been treated unlawfully if the doctor's conduct toward you was: 1. Extreme and outrageous, beyond the bounds of acceptable conduct in a civilized society; 2. Intended to, or could reasonably be foreseen to, cause a reasonable person serious emotional trauma; and 3. Actually the cause of severe and serious emotional distress for you.

Also, you may want to file a police report and/or go speak to the local DA about prosecuting the doctor for falsifying medical records.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.