How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33404
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have legal rights as a beneficiary of my parents will,

Customer Question

do I have legal rights as a beneficiary of my parents will, and I feel that my sister misrepresented as executor of there will, do mi have any rights to pursue legal action.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Any heir to benefits under a will have the right to enter an appearance, usually through a lawyer, and then to object to anything that is done by the executor. Any legal actions that you want file would need to go through the probate court as long as the will is open but what normally happens is that the lawsuit is filed in the probate case and then the judge severs it out and assigns it a new cause number so that the case doesn't interfere with the probate moving forward.