How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27259
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the time frame given if I file a motion to compel

Customer Question

what is the time frame given if I file a motion to compel because my husband, who originally filed for the divorce, hasn't filed his financial paperwork? I have already sent a letter to his attorney requesting the information and received no reply.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon. This needs to be set for hearing, if it was filed. If the attorney refuses to turn over the financials and has a legal obligation to do so, you do want to bring him before the Judge, so he can explain why he is refusing. The Judge can hear arguments from both sides and then would decide and order he has X number of days to produce them. As such, you can contact the judicial assistant of the Judge today or the clerk of court, to ask about setting your motion to comply for hearing, on the judges docket.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.