How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2166
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I helped buy a motorcycle good friend, the agreement was to

Customer Question

I helped buy a motorcycle for a good friend, the agreement was to repay monthly but pay was long on promise and short on the payment part.
She has not made one payment in 10 months, kind of stumped due in part when they shipped the motorcycle to her address from another state and gave her the title when they delivered the bike.
She went to the Division of Motor Vehicle to licence the bike and to issue a new title that has her name on it, she lived 150 miles from my location, do I have a civil case or am I out a motorcycle because of the title is in her name ? I reside in Colorado
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

A verbal contract can be enforceable, and the fact that the debtor made some payments would be evidence that there was some type of repayment agreement.

You can file suit to the collect the rest. If you obtain a judgment against your friend, you can place a judgment lien on any real estate he owns, garnish wages and bank accounts, etc.