Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had some window treatments installed in my home. blinds to

Customer Question
Hello, I had some window...
Hello, I had some window treatments installed in my home. blinds to be exact. the manufacturer of the blinds have a lifetime warrranty on the product. We have already had 3 different issues with 9 of the 22 blinds in my home. they want to just keep re-making the blinds but I just want a refund and for them to take the blinds. i have lost faith in the product and don't want to continue to have installers in and out of my home. the company is saying i signed something that says no refunds on custom orders. but i feel since the product is continuing to malfunction that i should be eligible for a refund. I want to take them to court. do you think i will win?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/27/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes, I think you would prevail if after a reasonable attempt they have been unable to remedy the issue. You need to have documentation that shows you gave them multiple opportunities to cure the defective product but they were not able to.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There have been 3 different issues. i gladly let them resolve the first 2 and now at this point i don't want a "fix" i just want my money back to shop with someone else. do you think the only way to resolve is to go to court?

You can try corporate offices or their ownership or you could try the better business bureau but small claims court would probably be your most effective way.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer