How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had some window treatments installed in my home. blinds to

Customer Question

Hello, I had some window treatments installed in my home. blinds to be exact. the manufacturer of the blinds have a lifetime warrranty on the product. We have already had 3 different issues with 9 of the 22 blinds in my home. they want to just keep re-making the blinds but I just want a refund and for them to take the blinds. i have lost faith in the product and don't want to continue to have installers in and out of my home. the company is saying i signed something that says no refunds on custom orders. but i feel since the product is continuing to malfunction that i should be eligible for a refund. I want to take them to court. do you think i will win?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I think you would prevail if after a reasonable attempt they have been unable to remedy the issue. You need to have documentation that shows you gave them multiple opportunities to cure the defective product but they were not able to.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There have been 3 different issues. i gladly let them resolve the first 2 and now at this point i don't want a "fix" i just want my money back to shop with someone else. do you think the only way to resolve is to go to court?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

You can try corporate offices or their ownership or you could try the better business bureau but small claims court would probably be your most effective way.