Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

On July 7 I went to Texas Southwest Emergency room asthma

Customer Question
On July 7 I went...
On July 7 I went to Texas Harris Southwest Emergency room for an asthma attack, along with chest and abdominal pain. I was taken to the back weighed, and had by blood pressure and oxygen taken and told to wait because there were no beds. I had informed them upon arrival that I was an asthmatic and I was also having chest pains when I tried to breath in deeply to get enough air. I waited with my grandmother for more than 2 hours without being seen. I returned to the reception desk on 2 separate occasions to ask what was going on with the wait, because I couldn't breath and having chest pain. Another waiting paitent said they had been waiting for more than 3 hours and another couple became upset and drove to another hospital. I again asked for help and it was suggested I either wait or go to another emergency room. I left with my grandmother and went to care now where I was immediately seen and treated for bronchitis and given X-rays along with several shots, breathing treatments and antibiotics. I filed a complaint with the BBB and when I spoke on 2 occasions to the paitent advocate, the attending nurse states I was reevaluated and I was not. They have completely disregarded how serious my medics situation was and I want to know what can be done to make them realize the error in their false statements and dismissal of my claim and treatment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/26/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello is anyone there?

Yes, I am here. I asked what specific question you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whether or not this has any legal action I can take and if it's even worth pursuing

Not a lawsuit. Any case against a medical provider has to go through the medical malpractice protocols but the problem now in Texas is that it is just too expensive to pursue a case where there aren't hundreds of thousands in damages. You can call some lawyers that do medical malpractice and ask what they think but they are going to tell you it's just not economically feasible to proceed.

However, you can file a complaint with the state licensing board and they can pursue the various medical providers. You can start at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/facilities/complaints.aspx

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney